City boards, commissions, or committees have been established by the City Council to study various issues that affect Roseville residents.

Boards and Commissions Details
Board of Appeals
Charter Review Commission
Design Committee
Economic Development Advisory Committee
Grants Advisory Commission
Law & Regulation Committee
Library Board
Local Sales Tax Citizens' Oversight Committee
Independent Redistricting Commission
Parks & Recreation Commission
Personnel Board
Placer Mosquito & Vector Control District
Planning Commission
Public Utilities Commission
Senior Commission
Transportation Commission
Youth Sports Coalition

Appointees must reside in Roseville (Economic Development Advisory Committee applicants must live OR work in Roseville) and be at least 18 years of age. Most members are appointed to four-year terms by the City Council. Board, commission, and committee members receive no compensation for their time, although they may attend training workshops or seminars at City expense.
Board, commission, or committee meetings are held in the Council Chambers located at 311 Vernon Street, unless another location has been designated. Meetings dates and times may be confirmed by calling the board or commission secretary.

Applications are accepted during bi-annual recruitments, and during unscheduled vacancy recruitments. To apply for a City board or commission complete the application below:

NOTE: All applicants must complete a video interview.  Failing to do so will cause the application to be considered incomplete.  Additionally, applicants requesting to serve on the Design Committee, Economic Development Advisory Committee, Grants Advisory Commission, Planning Commission, Public Utilities Commission, or the Transportation Commission must file a Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700). Applications for those commissions will be considered incomplete without an accompanying Form 700.

Economic Development Advisory Committee Application
All other Board/Commission/Committee Applications
Form 700

Youth Commissioners
The City Council may, in its discretion, appoint a high school student as a youth commissioner to the Library Board, Parks and Recreation Commission, Transportation Commission, and Grants Advisory Commission. The student must be a resident of Roseville, and serve only during his or her enrollment in high school.

Recruitment typically occurs in October with appointments made in December. The one-year term is from January 1 to December 31 each year.

Form 700 must accompany applications to the Transportation Commission and Grants Advisory Commission or the application will be considered incomplete.

Youth Board Member/Commissioner Application