Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Recreation Specialist I/II/III - Roseville Sports Center
RECREATION SPECIALIST I/II/III
Roseville Sports Center
Recreation Specialist I - $8.00 - $9.63 hourly
Recreation Specialist II - $8.70 - $10.57 hourly
Recreation Specialist III - $9.79 - $11.90 hourly
FINAL FILING DATE:
Accepting a maximum of
applications or closing no later than 5:00 P.M., January 24, 2013 or WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST. PERS Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
It is mandatory that you complete the supplemental questionnaire. Your application will be rejected if you do not provide all the necessary information.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary, part-time position of Recreation Specialist I/II/III to work at the Roseville Sports Center in the Child Care area. The normal work schedule will vary between three and eight hours per day primarily in the morning and may include weekends. As a Recreation Specialist I/II/III you will be supervising children ages 3 months to 8 years old on a continuous basis.
To perform a variety of duties related to plan, schedule, organizes and direct recreation activities and/or programs.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct a variety of recreation programs including, but not limited to, games, sports, crafts, special events, day camps, and after school programs.
• Assist in planning, promoting, organizing, and evaluating a variety of recreation programs and activities.
• Interact with and supervise youth in games and activities and in proper use of playground equipment.
• Receive and oversee the use of equipment and materials; care for and maintain equipment.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures around participants and render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Inspect assigned recreation facilities and/or equipment and recommend any necessary repair or maintenance work and supply needs.
• Interact and stimulate interest while conducting and supervising program activities such as sports, games, specials events, arts and crafts, drama and social activities.
• Plan, promote, conduct and evaluate recreation programs and activities.
• Aid in the recruitment, selection and training of seasonal employees.
• Assist with supervision of assigned temporary staff; monitor staff relative to assigned duties.
• Complete records and reports as required.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Basic class management and supervision.
• Techniques, rules, and equipment used in a variety of recreational activities and games.
• Rules and skills involved in one or more recreation activities.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; walk long distances; intermittently interpret policies and procedures, and explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff; participate with children in games and sports activities that involve running, bending, squatting, jumping, and reaching; lean, stoop, and bend to set up or break down equipment.
• Intermittently set up booths, hang banners, move tables, chairs and carry supplies; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
• Understand and translate City policies and practices into everyday working practices; make sound decisions with solid problem solving methods.
• Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
• Learn to identify problems regarding the facility and programs; refer difficult problems/irregularities for more advanced attention and recommend possible solutions.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
• Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
• Communicate tactfully with customers.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• One season of experience in subject area is desirable.
• Equivalent to the completion of the tenth (10th) grade or fifteen (15) years of age.
Recreation Specialist II
- In addition to the qualifications for Recreation Specialist I
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
One (1) season of experience in the subject area.
Recreation Specialist III
- In addition to the qualifications for Recreation Specialist II
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
Two (2) seasons of experience performing duties in the subject area.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
• Possession of or ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certificates.
Note: Minors may have preclusions or restrictions in duties assigned and licenses required pursuant to 29 CFR § 570.
1. What interests you about working with children?
2. The current hours of Child Care are 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. What hours are you available?
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department and then forwarded to the Parks and Recreation Department for final consideration. Those applicants meeting the qualifications may be contacted for an interview. Final appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Road Closures & Detours
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.