| || |
Free Bike Locker Program
Roseville’s Alternative Transportation Division is making it easier for residents to commute to work by bicycle with 49 bicycle lockers at various sites throughout the City.
The bicycle locker program is part of the City’s on-going efforts to promote bicycling to work, school, shopping and other errands as a healthy and inexpensive alternative to driving. Bicycling not only helps air quality, but it also improves physical fitness.
Twelve lockers are available free to the public for use as part of residents’ commute trip to work or school only. Four (4) lockers each are at Maidu Park (1550 Maidu Drive), and the Amtrak Station (201 Pacific Street) and Taylor Road & I-80 (1853 Taylor Road) Park & Ride Lots. To reserve a bike locker, call the Alternative Transportation office at (916) 774-5293.
The City distributed the remaining 37 lockers to the Northern California Power Agency, Pasco Scientific, Kaiser Permanente-Riverside Campus, State Farm Insurance and NEC Electronics for use by employees. The companies were selected based on their active commitment to promote alternative commuter transportation such as bicycling and a demonstrated need for employee bicycle lockers.
The 49 lockers cost about $50,000 to purchase and install. About 90 percent of the funding came from a grant by the California Department of Transportation’s Bicycle Transportation Account. The remaining 10 percent comes from local transportation funds provided by the City of Roseville.
| || |
Reserve a free bike locker by contacting:
(916) 746-1333 Fax
(916) 774-5220 TDD
(as of January 9, 2013)
1 at the Amtrak Station
2 at Maidu Park
0 at Taylor & I-80 Park & Ride
Is the site you want full?
Ask to be on our wait list.
View Roseville's Parks, Trails & Bikeways Map