| || |
BIG Day of Giving -- May 6, 2014
Last Updated: 4/9/2014
BIG Day of Giving is a local initiative to increase philanthropy in our region. Presented by GiveLocalNow, along with your local community foundations, Placer Community Foundation, Sacramento Region Community Foundation, and Yolo Community Foundation, the BIG Day of Giving will take place during a 24-hour period onTuesday, May 6, 2014. Starting at midnight, donations will be accepted through GiveLocalNow.org with a goal to inspire and unite our community in supporting 400 local nonprofits75 of which reside in Placer County and serve our residents.
Here why it matters to give where your heart is on May 6:
- Your gift goes directly to your charities of choice.
- Donations made at GiveLocalNow.org on May 6 receive a share of matching funds
- Challenge prizes will take place throughout the day, allowing nonprofits to raise even more dollars.
- Watch your gift, along with others grow on May 6 at GiveLocalNow.org and know you are part of a historic effort to support the greater good.
Help make history and support your place of home on May 6 with two easy steps:
1) Make a donation of $25 or more to the nonprofits addressing a cause that GiveLocalNow.org
2) Spread the word. The success of this day is dependent upon people like you who proudly share why it is important to give to an organization that has meaningful impact in your community. Reach out to family, friends and colleagues to “pay forward” the news about the BIG Day of Giving and promote action on May 6th!