| || |
Fun and safe holiday shopping
Be Careful, Prepared and Aware
It's shopping time!Before you shop
The holiday season is also the shopping season, and Roseville is the premier shopping destination for the entire region. The Roseville Police Department would like everyone to have a safe and enjoyable shopping experience. Here are tips to remember.
- Carry small amounts of cash, and only the credit cards and gift cards you actually plan to use.
- Carry keys, credit cards, and cash separate from each other.
- Dress comfortably, leave your valuable jewelry at home, and wear comfortable footwear. Your feet will thank you, and it'll be easier for you to manuever.
- Drive carefully and courteously, allowing extra time for holiday traffic. Be patient and good humored. Don't engage with angry drivers--it's not worth it.
- Park in busy, well-lit, well traveled areas of parking lots.
- ALWAYS take your purse or wallet with you--never leave them in your vehicle. Stash your shopping bags in your trunk or out of sight in the cargo area, BEFORE driving to your next destination.
- If you carry a purse, keep it securely closed and wear it close to your body. Never leave it unattended in a shopping cart, or hanging open, slung over the back of your chair in a restaurant.
- Men should carry their wallet in a front pant pocket, rather than the back pocket or a jacket.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
Leaving the store
- Have your keys ready when you approach your vehicle.
- If possible, walk to the parking lot with other people.
- Ask store security to walk you to your car if it is late and you are carrying a lot of bags. Westfield Galleria security is happy to provide this service. They'll also help you find your car if you forget where you parked.
- If you see someone loitering near your car or who is acting suspicious, walk away.
- Alert store security or call 911 to report any suspicious activity--someone loitering in the lot or walking up and down the rows looking inside cars, for example.