Send a link
Return to Previous Page
$17.81 - $25.06 per hour
FINAL FILING DATE:
first 25 qualified
applications or closing at 5:00 P.M., on Tuesday, August 13, 2013, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST.
Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
It is mandatory that you complete the supplemental questionnaire. Your application will be rejected if you do not provide all the necessary information.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the position of Marketing Technician to work in the Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department. The work schedule will vary between 25-30 hours per week, approximately 3+ months of work with a flexible schedule; Monday through Friday.
To perform marketing and graphic design duties in support of assigned department and City services and programs; to develop and utilize marketing strategies to inform and promote City programs and activities to customers and the general public.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in developing and implementing marketing and communication plans and strategies for assigned program areas and projects related to department and City operations, services and programs; foster public awareness of available services and programs.
• Assist in developing and conducting market research and public opinion surveys; analyze customer behavior, usages and trends; evaluate program and modify communication, advertising and outreach methods as necessary.
• Assist in developing and implementing a variety of outreach activities and communications methods to educate and inform the public and customers regarding assigned programs in support of department goals; make presentations about programs and related value, benefits and cost savings.
• Assist in developing customer contact and communications plan to establish point of contact relationship; serve as liaison to other City staff and departments relative to customer concerns or needs.
• Develop and implement a variety of promotional and advertising methods/materials to publicize services, programs, and events; prepare internal and external newsletters including writing, editing, layout, photograph placement, scheduling and coordination of printing and distribution.
• Design, plan and implement marketing and advertising material; provide training and technical support to staff on marketing, advertising, writing, publicity and communication strategies and policies; participate in the design, development and publication of outreach and marketing materials.
• Create and maintain department website content; ensure accurate and current information is available regarding programs and services.
• Compose and prepare letters, brochures, and articles; submit articles and photographs to a variety of specialty publications; maintain files of newspaper articles and clippings on City activities and promotional programs.
• Assist City staff in the development of publications, promotional materials, and oral presentations as request.
• Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints related to program areas of assignment and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principals of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of marketing, advertising, public relations, market research and analysis, printing and publishing.
• Basic principles and methods as it pertains to social media tools and internal and citizen-to-government communication.
• Practices and methods of developing and coordinating programs for customer services.
• English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Graphic design principles; web design and editing.
• Modern office equipment, including personal computer programs for word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop, audio/visual presentation, design and communications, digital photography and graphic/visual preparation and editing functions.
• Effective presentation methods.
• Basic budget preparation and monitoring.
• Perform marketing and graphic design duties to promote and market assigned department and City services and programs.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job. Intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special project; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
• Learn pricing, rates, rate trends, and technical features of assigned department operations.
• Conduct market research and analysis.
• Learn City organization, services, and programs.
• Interpret and explain pertinent department and City policies and procedures.
• User personal computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and databases.
• Prepare a variety of reports and maintain accurate records and files.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• One (1) year of experience in marketing, graphic design, or advertising is desirable.
• Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, graphic design, public relations, advertising, business administration, or a related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
1. What is your work philosophy?
2. Briefly describe your experience with graphic design software including which you know best and which one you could use improvement on.
3. In your opinion, what is the most important part of the design process and why?
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department and then forwarded to the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department for final consideration. Those applicants meeting the qualifications may be contacted for an interview. Final appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a urine drug and alcohol screening test and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.