Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Senior IT Analyst (Senior IT Network Analyst)
MONTHLY (26 PAY PERIODS ANNUALLY)
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting applications until 5:00 P.M., on Monday, July 22, 2013
TENTATIVE TEST DATE:
Oral Interview – August 13, 2013
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the position of Senior IT Analyst in the Information & Technology Department. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A flex schedule may be available.
To plan, organize and coordinate the implementation of an assigned information technology area such as development, internet, network, network security, systems administration, and telecommunications; to manage related operational data processing systems; and to perform a variety of professional and technical tasks related to assigned responsibilities.
The Senior Information Technology Analyst is the advanced journey level in the Information Technology Analyst class series. Positions at this level are distinguished from other classes within the series by the level of responsibility assumed, complexity of duties assigned, independence of action taken, by the amount of time spent performing the duties, and by the nature of the public contact made. Employees perform the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes within this series and provide technical and functional supervision over professional and technical personnel.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction from an Information Technology Program Manager.
Exercises technical and functional supervision over assigned professional and technical personnel.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan, prioritize, and review the work of personnel assigned to an information technology function.
• Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending improvements and modifications.
• Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
• Provide and/or ensure follow up on trouble calls/tickets; correspond with or meet customers as needed to understand and resolve concerns.
• Perform the most difficult and complex work related to assigned information technology area.
• Participate in strategic planning efforts with respect to improving information technology service delivery.
• Research technical details related to assigned information technology area; produce documentation and detailed drawings.
• Configure, test, evaluate and implement equipment and systems.
• Coordinate and monitor operational systems according to assigned area.
• Evaluate operations and activities of assigned support area; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
• Participate in the development of Requests for Proposal; assist with the selection and oversight of consultants and vendors.
• Participate in budget preparation and administration for assigned projects.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of information technology systems and functions related to area of assignment.
• Project management methodologies.
• Advanced principles and practices of systems and procedures analysis and design.
• Standards and methods related to computerized data systems analysis and use.
• Principles and practices of technical and functional supervision and training.
• Written documentation methods related to highly complex technical work.
• Plan, organize and coordinate implementation of an assigned area of information technology systems implementation and maintenance.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job. Intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
• Interpret and explain pertinent information regarding City standards, policies, and procedures related to information technology.
• Monitor performance of various operating systems; develop and modify operating systems and database scripts; document system methods and changes.
• Effectively manage the more complex projects.
• Effectively lead cross-functional teams.
• Prepare a variety of reports and maintain accurate records and files.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Maintain confidentiality as necessary.
• Work weekends, evenings or standby, as required.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Three years of responsible experience performing duties similar to that of an Information Technology Analyst II with the City of Roseville.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information systems, GIS, or a related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
1. How do you balance employee demand for more flexibility with growing security constrains?
2. Please describe your experience with Network Security including a difficult network security incident you have worked on. Provide details about your role, the nature of the incident, and what you did to address it.
3. Please describe the most difficult business problem you have solved, how you contributed, and what the outcome was.
4. Please describe your experience developing/engineering a network design that you consider complex. Describe the requirements that made the design complex and the equipment type and brand you used to implement your solution.
5. Please describe your most recent experience as a technical lead, your responsibilities, and challenges you faced as a lead.
Applications will be screened to the most qualified candidates. Those candidates will be invited to an oral interview exam weighted 100%. Scores earned from the oral exam will establish the Employment List. Candidates within the top five ranked scores will be certified to the department for final consideration. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical exam, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click Here to Apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.