Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator III
Open Recruitment No. 12.059
Date Opened: 01/30/2013
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR III
$ 4,335 to $ 6,241 Monthly (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE:
Accepting the first 50 qualified applications or closing at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, February 20, 2013, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST.
TENTATIVE TEST DATES:
Oral Interview: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
To perform a variety of routine and skilled technical duties in the continuous operation of a wastewater treatment plant, on an assigned shift.
This is the journey level class in the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator series and is distinguished from the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator - Grade II level by the ability to perform the full range of duties assigned including those that require a Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certificate. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as unusual or unique situations arise.
SUERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from a Wastewater Treatment Plant Chief Operator. May exercise technical supervision over less experienced staff.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Operate SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) computer equipment to control and monitor flow of wastewater treatment and processing chemicals through the treatment plant and reclaimed water distribution system; monitor gauges and meters and record meter readings; maintain shift log.
• Observe variations in operating conditions; interpret computer, meter and gauge readings; check, standardize, and calibrate instruments, analyzers and chemical feed pumps; start and stop electric driven pumps and motors to control and adjust flow and treatment processes.
• Respond to all plant alarms and take necessary actions to prevent damage to machinery and facilities; may coordinate and assist the electrical and mechanical workers.
• Collect samples and perform routine laboratory tests and analysis; determine chemical and physical characteristics of raw, settled, filtered, and finished reclaimed water; interpret results and make necessary changes to keep the plant effluent exceeding NPDES and Title 22 requirements.
• Inspect mechanical equipment for proper working order and prepare/submit submit work orders for mechanic and/or electrical maintenance attention; perform routine maintenance work.
• Participate in preparation of reports to internal divisions and department; and participate in preparing costs estimates related to budget recommendations.
• Based on assignment operate and monitor remote sites; make process control decisions for plants and remote sites that other operators may implement.
• Maintain records and documentation; respond to customer questions and complaints; and assist in oversight and training of less experienced wastewater treatment operators.
• May assist in the training of less experienced staff.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Principles, practices, and regulations related to operating a wastewater treatment plant in accordance with the scope of duties allowed by a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade III certificate.
Perform wastewater treatment plant operations/activities as provided within the scope of a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade III certificate. On a continuous basis, know and understand operations, and observe safety rules. Intermittently analyze problem equipment; identify and locate equipment; interpret work orders; remember equipment location; and explain jobs to others. Intermittently, sit while studying or preparing reports; bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist when performing installation of equipment; perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation; and lift or carry weight of 40 pounds or less. Keep and maintain written records and reports. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Based on assignment work nights and weekends to include 24 hour shifts. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Work independently exercising judgment and initiative to operate the full range of tools and mechanical equipment.
Experience and Training
Two years of increasingly responsible experience operating a wastewater treatment plant, similar to that of a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator – Grade II with the City of Roseville.
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license. Possession of a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade III certificate issued by the State Water Resources Control Board.
Applications will be screened to the most qualified candidates. Those candidates will be invited to an oral interview exam weighted 100%. Scores earned from the oral exam will establish the Employment List. Candidates within the top five ranked scores will be certified to the department for final consideration. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical exam, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click here to apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2015 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.