Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Preventative Maintenance Coordinator
PROMOTIONAL RECRUITMENT: 12.057
Date opened: 01/29/2013
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
$4928 to $6934 Monthly (26 PAY PERIODS ANNUALLY)
FINAL FILING DATE
Qualified and Permanent City Employees should submit an application by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 8, 2013, Temporary employees are not eligible to apply.
TENTATIVE TEST DATES:
Oral Interview Exam: Thursday, February 21, 2013
The Human Resources Department is establishing an employment list for the position of Preventative Maintenance Coordinator in the Environmental Utilities Department. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. A flex schedule may be available.
To plan, organize, coordinate and implement the preventative maintenance management program within Environmental Utilities; to provide expertise in proactive maintenance operations and activities; to test, implement and maintain asset management databases and systems and to perform a variety of professional and technical level tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISE
Receives general direction from assigned management staff. May provide technical and/or functional supervision to system maintenance personnel as appropriate.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for proactive maintenance operations and activities, implement policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement a proactive maintenance program by compiling and evaluating maintenance operations data related to Environmental Utilities water and wastewater process operations and equipment; determine operating efficiency and effectiveness, including compliance with various regulatory requirements, and make recommendations regarding continued maintenance versus replacement.
• Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities, including identifying maintenance trends and recommending improvements and modifications to equipment, maintenance activities and operations, and materials/stores procurement and inventory management.
• Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for preventive maintenance operations and activities; monitor and control expenditures.
• Participate in the preparation of plans and specifications for parts/materials and services related to repair and modification of infrastructure; participate in the selection of contractors/vendors; and participate in the review of submittals for compliance with various federal, state, and local regulations and requirements.
• Perform technical duties in the analysis, design, programming, testing, installation and maintenance of asset management systems.
• Research, compile and prepare reports and documentation on various assigned projects; analyze overall program components and develop, recommend, and implement modifications; maintain records of findings and corrective actions; prepare periodic status reports.
• Represent the preventive maintenance function on committees, outside organizations; and at staff subcommittees as necessary, coordinate maintenance program activities inside and outside the organization.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of asset management systems administration, including preventive and predictive maintenance systems.
• Water and wastewater operations and equipment, including instrumentation, electrical, control, and mechanical methods and technology used in the maintenance, operation, and upgrading of utility facilities.
• Principles of budget monitoring.
• Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
• Organize, implement, direct, and coordinate a variety of preventive maintenance management activities and operations in a water and wastewater utility environment.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds of less.
• Interpret and explain pertinent preventive maintenance standards and department policies and procedures.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of an assigned program budget.
• Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to assigned activities.
• Use a personal computer and appropriate programs to enter, maintain, and analyze data, monitor projects, and prepare reports and correspondence.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• May provide technical and/or functional supervision to lower level plant maintenance and office support staff as appropriate.
Five years of increasingly responsible experience in water and/or wastewater operations, two of which have been in working with databases and reporting software.
Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, civil, mechanical or electrical engineering technology or a related field.
License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license.
Applications will be screened for minimum qualifications. Those candidates will be invited to an oral interview exam weighted 100%. Scores earned from the oral exam will establish the Employment List. Candidates within the top five ranked scores will be certified to the department for final consideration. This recruitment may include a written or practical exam.
Promotional/Lateral (City Employees Only), Salary
Click here to apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.