Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Center Soccer Official (Adult Soccer)
$28.57 per Game
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting applications until 5:00 p.m. January 25, 2013. PERS Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the part-time temporary position of Center Soccer Official in the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department.
To perform a variety of duties related to officiating soccer games or tournaments.
Employees within this class are distinguished from the Line Soccer Official by the performance of the full range of duties as assigned. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new and unusual situations arise, and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the department. They make the final game rulings with the support from the line soccer official.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Officiate games or tournaments either as a center and/or line official; enforce appropriate official rules and regulations of games in an efficient manner.
• Maintain discipline, fair play courtesy, self-control and congenial relations among coaches, player and spectators.
• Ensure that game courts, fields and equipment are in proper and safe playing condition; make pre-game check of possible physical hazards.
• Prepare and maintain accurate records.
• Assist, educate, and train players and coaches.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Current soccer official rules.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
• Report writing techniques.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the game; observe game in progress; run, walk, stand, twist, and reach while officiating; throw the ball to game participants; blow whistle at appropriate times; observe good safety practices.
• Intermittently, lift, carry, or move soccer equipment of 20 pounds or less.
• Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Interpret policies and procedures.
• Communicate tactfully with customers.
• Playing and/or officiating adult soccer games and/or tournaments.
• Ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificates.
• Possession of USSF Level 8 certificate.
Necessary Special Requirement
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department and then forwarded to the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department for final consideration. Those applicants meeting the qualifications may be contacted for an interview. Final appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a urine drug and alcohol screening test and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2015 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.