Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Sports Official/Scorer C & D
SPORTS OFFICIAL/SCORER C & D
(SOFTBALL, FOOTBALL, VOLLEYBALL, BASKETBALL)
- $10.23 per Game
- $14.52 per Game
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting applications until 5:00 p.m. January 25, 2013. PERS Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the part-time temporary position of Sports Official/Scorer C and D in the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department.
To perform a variety of duties related to officiating/scoring Adult or Youth Sports leagues and tournament games.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain discipline, fair play, courtesy, self-control, and congenial relations with coaches, players and spectators during sporting events.
• Ensure that game courts, fields, and equipment are in proper and safe playing condition.
• Prepare and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
If assigned as a Sports Official:
• Officiate games, leagues, or tournaments.
• Enforce appropriate official rules and regulations of games; maintain knowledge of recreation and sports event rules and regulations.
If assigned as a Scorer:
• Keep score of games; maintain knowledge of recreation and sports event rules and regulations.
• Prepare score sheets and equipment for play.
• Retrieve and return game equipment to a secure location.
• Basic knowledge of scoring techniques in seasonal sports.
• Game rules in a variety of sports, such as basketball, softball, volleyball, soccer, and football.
• Officiating techniques and methods of refereeing disputes.
• Principles and practices of basic arithmetic.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the game; observe game in progress; run, walk, stand, twist, and reach while officiating; throw the ball to game participants; blow whistle at appropriate times; observe good safety practices.
• Intermittently, lift, carry, or move sports equipment of 20 pounds or less.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Keep legible and accurate records.
• Interpret policies and procedures.
• Read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
• Understand and translate City policies and practices into everyday working practices; make sound decisions with solid problem solving methods.
• Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
• Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Communicate tactfully with customers.
• Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Experience playing, scoring and/or officiating team sports.
• Equivalent to the completion of the tenth (10th) grade and sixteen (16) years of age.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificates.
Note: Minors may have preclusions or restrictions in duties assigned and licenses required pursuant to 29 CFR § 570.
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department and then forwarded to the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department for final consideration. Those applicants meeting the qualifications may be contacted for an interview. Final appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a urine drug and alcohol screening test and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.