Send a link
Return to Previous Page
College Intern - Electric Department
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting the first 50 qualified applications or closing at 5 pm, July 8, 2016; whichever occurs first. PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of College Intern in the Electric Department with a focus in Customer & Government Relations. This position will assist in monitoring and reporting on legislative activities of relevance to Roseville Electric Utility and other departments in the City of Roseville. Work activities may also include monitoring stakeholder activities and proceedings before state and local regulatory agencies. This position will work closely with Roseville Electric Utility’s legislative and regulatory staff, as well as the City of Roseville’s Government Relations Team. This position is limited to 20-25 hours per week with a normal work schedule of Monday through Friday; specific days are flexible.
To perform a variety of administrative, technical and general support staff duties for assigned department or division.
This is a temporary part-time, training classification in which students with current enrollment in college with course work related to the area assigned can gain experience in assisting city staff in the performance of professional administrative or technical duties.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from higher level staff as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor and summarize key state legislative activities, including bill progress and amendments through various committees.
• Attend and report on legislative hearings and regulatory proceedings.
• Perform research and analyze past legislation and regulations as assigned.
• Perform research and analyses on municipal policies, customer programs and services.
• Perform related work as required.
• Effective methods of making oral and written reports and presentations.
• Research techniques, methods and procedures.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers, other departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
• Understand and apply policies, laws and rules; learn and apply pertinent federal, state and local law codes and regulations.
• Exhibit proficiency in use of modern office methods and enter and revise information on computer databases; demonstrate proficiency in computer word processing; type at a speed necessary to successfully perform duties.
• On a continuous basis, learn and understand all aspects of the job and department procedures; sit at desk or in meetings for long periods of time; review work papers and reports; identify and interpret technical and numerical information.
• On a continuous basis, twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and operate a variety of office equipment; use personal computer.
Experience and Training
• None required.
• Equivalent to the completion the twelfth (12th) grade. Current enrollment in six or more units towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration or a field related to area of assignment.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license upon date of appointment.
1. What is your current major and specific area of study?
2. How many units have you completed?
3. What knowledge and skills do you possess that would make you a valuable intern for this position?
All applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Select applicants may be contacted by the Roseville Electric Utility Department for interview. Appointment is contingent upon passing a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.