Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Center Soccer Official (Adult Soccer)
FINAL FILING DATE
: We are accepting applications until Friday, May 30, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary position of Center Soccer Official in the Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department.
To perform a variety of duties related to officiating soccer games or tournaments.
Employees within this class are distinguished from the Line Soccer Official by the performance of the full range of duties as assigned. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new and unusual situations arise, and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the department. They make the final game rulings with the support from the line soccer official.
EXAMPLE OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Officiate games or tournaments either as a center and/or line official; enforce appropriate official rules and regulations of games in an efficient manner.
• Maintain discipline, fair play courtesy, self-control and congenial relations among coaches, player and spectators.
• Ensure that game courts, fields and equipment are in proper and safe playing condition; make pre-game check of possible physical hazards.
• Prepare and maintain accurate records.
• Assist, educate, and train players and coaches.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Current soccer official rules.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
• Report writing techniques.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the game; observe game in progress; run, walk, stand, twist, and reach while officiating; throw the ball to game participants; blow whistle at appropriate times; observe good safety practices.
• Intermittently, lift, carry, or move soccer equipment of 20 pounds or less.
• Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Interpret policies and procedures.
• Communicate tactfully with customers.
Experience and Training
• Playing and/or officiating adult soccer games and/or tournaments.
• Ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificates.
• Possession of USSF Level 8 certificate.
Necessary Special Requirement
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
1. Please indicate how many years of experience you have as a Center Official in U16, U19 or Adult Soccer leagues, and describe this experience.
Applications and responses to supplemental questionnaire will be screened to those most meeting the needs of the department. Those applicants may be invited to an oral interview exam (weighted 100%). Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical exam, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2015 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.