Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Energy Program Technician
OPEN EXAMINATION: 13.002
Date opened: 07/31/2013
ENERGY PROGRAM TECHNICIAN
$3342 to $4702 MONTHLY (26 PAY PERIODS ANNUALLY)
FINAL FILING DATE:
Accepting the first 50 qualified applications or closing no later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday, August 14, 2013, whichever occurs first.
TENTATIVE TEST DATE
: Oral Interview Exam: Tuesday, September 10, 2013
: IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the full-time position of Energy Program Technician the Electric Department. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A flex schedule may be available.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review and verify technical documents, reports, plans and equipment specifications to determine qualification and compliance with rebate requirements; perform a variety of calculations including room size and air flow.
• Receive, review and process a variety of rebates; determine eligibility consistent with rebate requirements.
• Recertify customers participating in the electric low income and medical rate programs; collect and review application materials; review and make determinations regarding eligibility.
• Provide assistance to customers regarding energy usage; review usage data and educate customers on efforts to reduce usage and on rate structure and bill payment history.
• Provide assistance and information to customers regarding electric system outages; provide support for Electric Department response effort.
• Collect, compile, track and review technical data related to assigned program; maintain accurate records of program activities and customer contact; generate reports of activities.
• Review retrofit and new construction rebate applications for accuracy and required information and documentation; verify technical specifications of appliance and equipment information and efficiency levels.
• Maintain knowledge of changes in the industry, relevant state building codes and rebates offered by Roseville Electric and neighboring utilities.
• Use and maintain specialized databases related to assigned program and produce a variety of financial and statistical reports.
• Assist with the maintenance and implementation of new software technologies and systems.
• Ensure compliance with related laws, codes, ordinances and requirements; advise developers and members of the public of rebate program requirements.
• Provide a variety of general administrative support including, but not limited to, preparing correspondence, maintaining filing systems, and responding to general questions from the public.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related work as required.
o Residential energy efficiency measures, tactic and current technologies.
o Principles of effective customer service.
o English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar; business correspondence.
o Basic building design.
o Modern office equipment and procedures including use of word processing, databases, and spreadsheet applications.
o Business letter writing and report preparation.
o Research methods and techniques.
o English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar; and arithmetic, basic mathematical calculations.
o Report writing techniques.
o Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, codes, ordinances, policies, rules and regulations.
o Principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting.
o Independently perform administrative, technical and customer service duties in support of energy efficiency programs.
o On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
o On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
o Perform preliminary residential energy assessments and educate customers on applicable energy saving measures.
o Interpret and apply Title 24 requirements and related laws, rules and ordinance.
o Read and interpret building designs.
o Interpret, apply and explain electric rates, rules, regulations, laws, policies and procedures.
o Use a personal computer and a variety of software applications and databases.
o Plan and organize workload.
o Research, respond to and assist in the resolution of inquiries and complaints.
o Develop and deliver outreach presentations related to assigned program.
o Maintain a variety of records.
o Prepare correspondence, memorandums, and routine financial and operational reports.
o Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
Three years of increasingly responsible administrative support or technical experience, preferably involving the processing of utility rebates.
Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with course work in business administration, finance, public administration or a related field.
License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Applications and supplemental questions will be screened and those applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to an oral interview exam weighted 100%. Scores earned from the oral exam will establish the Employment List. Candidates within the top five ranked scores will be certified to the department for final consideration. Final appointment is contingent upon a background check, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical exam, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
1. Please describe your experience providing program support for energy efficiency programs. Include examples of your work processing and tracking customer applications, processing payment requests and supporting program outreach. If you have no experience in energy efficiency, please substitute with your experience with other programmatic customer programs or products.
2. Please summarize your work experience supporting professional contractors and/or customers with energy efficiency programmatic information, directions for submitting applications, answering payment questions, developing application/process tracking and/or general problem solving. Please touch upon examples of support using all forms of communications (email, telephone, in-person, and/or web). If you have no experience in energy efficiency, please substitute with your experience with other programmatic customer programs or products.
3. Please explain your experience in processing/entering data into a system, including the tools or software you may have used to manipulate the data entry through processing for payments. Also explain how you have organized data in a way that can be used by others to manage programs and communicate effectively internally and externally.
4. Please describe your ideas for what constitutes “good teamwork” in a fast-paced environment. In this environment you would have: a group supervisor to whom you (and all in the group) directly report, program coordinators responsible for program success that you support, and other administrative support staff who are your peers.
5. This position works in a fast-paced team environment. Please describe your approach to problem solving in a team environment and provide examples. Please include your experience with creating work a rounds and other examples of creative process manipulation of data to complete projects limited by the tracking/reporting system.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click here to apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.