Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Preventative Maintenance Supervisor
SALARY RANGE: $7,046
Monthly (26 PAY PERIODS ANNUALLY)
FINAL FILING DATE:
Qualified and Regular City Employees
should submit an application no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 12, 2013. Temporary City employees are not eligible to apply.
TENTATIVE TEST DATE:
Oral Interview: TBD
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the position of Preventative Maintenance Supervisor for the Public Works/Engineering Department. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A flex schedule may be available.
To plan, organize, direct and supervise mechanical/electrical maintenance activities related to the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment plants and water distribution and wastewater collection systems and related facilities within Environmental Utilities and traffic signal maintenance and operations in the Public Works department; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction from assigned management staff.
Exercises direct supervision over assigned personnel.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for mechanical/electrical maintenance activities and implement policies and procedures.
• Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff involved in mechanical/electrical maintenance activities.
• Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
• Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for mechanical/electrical maintenance activities and related capital improvement projects and capital equipment, and monitor and control related expenditures.
• Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
• Supervise and coordinate the work of crews assigned to mechanical/electrical preventive, routine, and response maintenance in support of continuous operation of the City’s equipment facilities; if assigned to the Environmental Utilities Department, ensure maintenance of the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) control system, and provide maintenance support to the Police Department’s automated control system.
• Review and make recommendations regarding capital improvement project design submittals and proposed construction and/or service agreements; monitor the work of contractors and/or vendors performing construction work or other services related to maintenance of City equipment and facilities.
• Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of mechanical, electrical, and electronic maintenance, as related to water and wastewater utility operations, building/facility, construction, traffic and development projects.
• Methods, materials and techniques used in design, construction and maintenance/operation of public works and utilities programs and activities.
• Current and emerging instrumentation/control technology such as SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and PLC (Programmable Logic Control).
• Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluations.
• Principles of budget monitoring.
• Principles and practices of safety management.
• Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
• Organize, implement and direct mechanical/electrical maintenance activities.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
• Interpret and explain pertinent City and department policies and procedures.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of an assigned program budget.
• Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to assigned operations.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
Experience and Training
• Four years of increasingly responsible experience in the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, or electronic equipment, including one year of lead responsibility.
• Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil, mechanical and/or electrical engineering, or a related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
• If assigned to the Traffic Signals, possession of an International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal Level II certificate.
The selection process will be determined by the number of qualified applicants and may include a written, oral, or practical examination.
Promotional/Lateral (City Employees Only), Salary
Click Here to Apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.