| || |
Current Code & Design Criteria
- 2016 California Building Code – Volumes 1 & 2 (CBC).
- 2016 California Residential Code with Appendix H, Patio Covers (CRC).
- 2016 California Historical Building Code (CHBC).
- 2016 California Existing Building Code (CEBC).
- 2016 California Green Building Standards Code (CGBSC)
- 2016 California Plumbing Code (CPC)
- 2016 California Mechanical Code (CMC)
- 2016 California Electrical Code (CEC)
- 2016 California Energy Code (CEC)
- 2016 California Fire Code based on the 2012 IFC, with City of Roseville Amendments (RFC)
- 2015 Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Code (USPSHTC). As published by IAPMO
- Roseville Municipal Code (RMC)
Snow Loads: Ground Snow Load - Zero
Wind Loads: Ultimate Wind Speed: Risk Category I / 100 mph; Risk Category II (1 & 2 Family Dwellings) / 110 mph; Risk Category III & IV / 115 mph
Exposure Category – B (most areas)
Rain Loads: 1 1/2” per hour (100-year, 1-Hour Rainfall)
Seismic Loads: Unless otherwise justified by analysis, all buildings and non-building structures within the City limits shall be assigned to Seismic Design Category (SDC) D, except as follows:
- Residential buildings permitted and constructed under the CRC are permitted to be assigned to SDC C.
- Low-rise, wood-framed buildings designed in accordance with the prescriptive (non-engineered) Conventional Light-Framed Construction provisions of CBC 2308 are permitted to be assigned to SDC C.
In accordance with CBC 1613.3.2, soil Site Class D shall be assumed for all sites unless otherwise justified by a registered design professional and/or geotechnical report.
Soil Bearing Pressure:
- Allowable Foundation - 1500 psf without a Soils Report
- Allowable Lateral – 100 psf without a Soils Report
Climate Zone: Zone 11
Sanitary Facilities: 2016 CPC Chapter 4, Table 422.1, Table A, Table 4-2, Table 4-3 & Table 4.4
Development Services -
311 Vernon Street
(916) 774-5394 Fax
(916) 774-5220 TDD