| || |
Non Exclusive Franchise Hauler Agreements
The City of Roseville currently operates a refuse collection service which provides periodic refuse collection and solid waste disposal from all residences and businesses within the city. In order to lawfully operate within the city, haulers are required to obtain a non-exclusive franchise agreement.
Haulers interested in applying for a non-exclusive franchise hauling agreement must file an application with the City of Roseville's Solid Waste Division. Franchises for refuse hauling shall be for a term of two years and an application fee of $260.00 is required for processing.
Failure to maintain any of the following is unlawful and grounds for revocation of the franchise.
- Disposal Requirements: All municipal solid waste (MSW), including C & D, hauled out of the City of Roseville by a non-exclusive franchise hauler must be delivered to the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) unless it is 100% recycled content.
- Reports Required: All persons holding a non-exclusive refuse hauling franchise shall complete a monthly waste generation /disposal and diversion report, and submit that report to the City of Roseville, Solid Waste Division before the fifteenth (15th) day of each month.
- Franchise Fee: In addition to reporting all tonnage removed on a monthly basis, each franchise shall be required to pay a franchise fee of $6.88 for every ton of refuse collected within the City of Roseville and disposed of at the Western Placer Waste Management Authority's Landfill or Materials Recovery Facility.
- Payment Due Date: Franchise fees shall be payable on a monthly basis and shall be due and payable on the fifteenth (15th) day of the month immediately following the month in which collection services were provided.
Insurance Requirements: In addition to a valid city business license, every person operating as a non-exclusive refuse hauler within the city shall maintain public liablility insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate; and automobile liability insurance in the amount of $500,000 per occurrence and $1,000,000 aggregate.
No periodic accounts will be serviced.
Forms and Information
- For more information on how to obtain a Non-Exclusive Franchise Hauler Agreement Application, please contact:
City of Roseville
Solid Waste Division