| || |
Shade Tree Benefits
Shade Trees have many benefits
Trees in urban areas, like Roseville, make it more livable by beautifying neighborhoods and giving them character. Trees connect people to nature and provide recreational opportunities while improving property values. But best of all, trees COOL US DOWN! Strategically placed shade trees can drop temperatures ten degrees. That kind of affect means your air conditioner does not need to work as hard to keep your home cool in the summer so you spend less on energy. Don’t hesitate! Take advantage of Roseville Electric's free shade trees!
Did you know that...
- Three well-placed shade trees can significantly cut your air conditioning costs by up to 40 percent.
- Trees provide natural, "low-tech" cooling which means less need to build dams and other expensive power plants.
- Trees absorb carbon dioxide (CO2) and replace it with life-giving oxygen.
- Trees provide shelter for wildlife, reduce storm run-off, prevent soil erosion, muffle noises, and provide for privacy.
- Trees help increase property values.
Growing healthy, vigorous shade trees is easy if you know how
Pick out the right shade tree for the right spot. Selecting the right shade tree for the right place not only assures your satisfaction, it reduces maintenance concerns and costs. The shade trees we offer are selected because of their success in our area.
Qualifying Shade Trees
Plant the shade tree correctly. When planting a shade tree using methods suitable Roseville’s soil and climate, the tree will establish more quickly. We show you how to properly plant your new trees at the planting demonstration.
Pamper your shade tree when it is young. To ensure that your shade tree grows strong and healthy, it’s important that you take good care of the young tree until it is established. We offer hands on demonstrations to show you how to water, stake, fertilize, and prune your shade trees so they thrive.