| || |
Food Service Equipment
- Preheat cooking equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations. Exceeding manufacturer's specifications can increase energy use.
- Use cooking equipment to full capacity. Fully-loaded equipment utilizes energy more efficiently.
- Turn off back-up fryers and turn ovens down or off during low production periods.
- Do not overload fryer baskets beyond the manufacturer's recommended capacity. Overloading baskets can increase cooking time and energy use.
- Check oven doors for a tight fit and to ensure gaskets are in good condition. Adjust and/or replace door seals and gaskets as necessary.
- Clean equipment regularly as specified by the manufacturer.
- Purchase insulated cooking equipment whenever possible, such as fryers, ovens, coffee machines.