The Vernon Street Town Square held its Grand Opening on August 24, 2013.
2014 CONCERTS ON THE SQUARE Series
The Vernon Street Town Square occupies the property directly adjacent to the Roseville Civic Center on the 300 block of Vernon Street. The square is bordered by Oak, Grant, and Vernon Streets.
The purpose of the Vernon Street Town Square project is the establishment of a public destination space full of events, activities, the arts, and, most importantly, people. The project has resulted in a visually attractive, pedestrian friendly, ADA compliant area.
- Landscaping & lighting
- An interactive water fountain
- Event amenities (i.e. stage, convertible spaces, etc.)
- Signage and other improvements
The town square effectively fulfills the following functions:
- The town square supports a wide assortment of activities;
- It is a space that can be used year round; and,
- The town square has become a destination that provides varied events that appeal to all of the Roseville community, and visitors.
Vernon Street Town Square Exhibit
The $4.5M project was funded by:
Public Facilities Fees
Traffic Mitigation Funds
Tree Mitigation Funds
State Prop 1B Transportation Grant
May 16, 2012 – Council approves award of design-assist agreement to Carter-Kelly Construction
May – September 2012 – Ongoing development of plans, specifications and estimate
August 2, 2012 – Construction begins
August 2013 - Project Completed