| || |
Historic Old Town Streetscape Improvement Project
Historic Old Town in the Sacramento Bee
"Old Roseville has a hip, new buzz'"
Historic Old Town in the Press Tribune
"Old Town, new look'"
Historic Old Town is located in Downtown Roseville between Main Street to the north, Pacific Street to the south, Washington Blvd. to the west and Lincoln Street to the east.
The purpose of the project was to design and construct a new streetscape environment that effectively fulfilled the following functions:
- Meet the needs of businesses, customers, residents and railroad patrons.
- Provide an environment that will encourage new business and development opportunities.
- Solidify the identity of the Historic District as a pleasurable public area where community activities and special events can be held.
The new streetscape uses a consistent design theme throughout the district with improvements that includes new landscaping, historic style lighting and street furniture, signage, new curb/gutter and sidewalks, rail-yard viewing platform, new on-street parking configurations, traffic calming features and infrastructure improvements to create a visually attractive, pedestrian friendly area.
Click image above to view a Larger drawing.
The $9.2 million cost for the project was funded by a number of sources including the following:
- 2002 Redevelopment Tax Increment Bond Proceeds
- Roseville Electric
- Community Development Block Grant Funds
- Tree Mitigation Funds
- Environmental Utilities Water Rehab Program
- Environmental Utilities Sewer Rehab Program
- Placer County Transportation & Planning Agency
- CMAQ Funds
Click images above to view a Larger drawing.
6/18/07 Railroad viewing platform construction underway.
Revised Time Line
April 2006 - Bid Project
July 2006 - Award Contract
October 2006 - Begin Construction
February 2008 - Project Completed
Historic Old Town Project flyer [PDF]
HISTORIC DISTRICT STREETSCAPE/INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT AWARDED ON JULY 5, 2006
C & C Construction of Loomis, CA. began construction in October 2006.
| || |
Planning & Redevelopment
311 Vernon Street
Roseville, CA 95678
Mark Thomas & Co., Inc.
HLA Landscape Architects
Fehr & Peers
Read and/or Print the Historic Old Town Project Fact Sheet