Film Permits

The Public Affairs & Communications Department issues permits for Filming activities on or using City of Roseville public property. Filming includes staging, shooting, filming videotaping, photographing for commercial and non-theatrical productions. Filming for the purposes of reporting on events or persons that are in the news for newspapers, television news and other news media is excluded.

The City's municipal code related to film permits is Chapter 6.08 and was adopted in July 1996.

Permits are submitted to the Community Relations Analyst in the Public Affairs & Communications Department, within the Office of the City Manager. There is no charge for the permit, however; applicants may have to pay for personnel time and City equipment needed for production.

City of Roseville
Public Affairs & Communications Department
311 Vernon St.
Roseville, CA  95678
(916) 774-5274
(916) 774-5485 [fax]

To apply for a permit, download the following application, complete it and fax to the Public Affairs & Communications Department.

Download the City of Roseville's Film Permit application [PDF].