Graphics Version

Homepage > City Gov > City Clerk > FAQ's (City Clerk)

City Clerk

How do I apply for a Board/Commission/Committee vacancy?
 To apply for a board/commission/committee vacancy click here
How do I get a copy of a city document?
The Information-Records Request Form may be obtained by clicking here.
How do I get a passport?
For the latest Passport information, view the Passports webpage.

How do I register to vote?
In order to participate in your local electoral process, you must be a registered voter in the City of Roseville. 

Voter registration forms can be obtained at the City Clerk Department at 311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678, or by calling the City Clerk Department to have a form mailed to you.

You can register to vote online at .  

Additionally, you may contact the Placer County Elections Office at (530) 886-5650 or go to the Placer County Elections website at

Is soliciting allowed in the City of Roseville?
Soliciting is allowed, however, there are restrictions.  People are required to have a City of Roseville business license, and to register with the Police Department before conducting door-to-door soliciting. 

If you don't want solicitors at your property, you can display a "no soliciting" sign.  Solicitors are required to respect this sign and refrain from knocking on your door.

Religious and charitable groups are exempt from the requirement to register with the Police Department, but are required to respect the "no soliciting" sign.

People can still leave flyers or advertisements on your property, whether or not you have a sign posted.  Higher courts have ruled that the leaving of flyers or leaflets is commercial free speech protected under the constitution, so cities and other government entities can't make laws prohibiting such activity.

View the Municipal Code ordinance on soliciting.
What is a passport card, and how do I get it?
Passport cards are also available.  They require the same processing as a passport, but are only valid for travel by land and sea.  They cannot be used to fly at all.  The cost for a passport card is $30.00 for an adult and $15.00 for a child.  There is a separate $25.00 processing fee to the City of Roseville. The application and processing times are the same as for a regular passport.  You can also expedite a passport card for an additional fee. 
When is the next election?
November 8, 2016
Where can I find the City Council Agenda/Packet?
You may view a copy of the current City Council agenda and all staff reports at:

  • Martha Riley Community Library at 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd. in Roseville
  • Roseville Main Library located at 225 Taylor Street in Roseville
  • Maidu Branch Library located at 1530 Maidu Drive in Roseville

or you may click on City Council Agenda/Packet to view the electronic version.

Where can I have a document notarized?

The Roseville City Clerk Department offers notary services during business hours.

Business hours are M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Cost: $10.00 per signature notarized

Notarization Requirements:

1) The signer must personally appear.

2) A valid, picture I.D. is required. Picture I.D. can consist of a driver's license, a state non-driver's ID, or a current passport. If you do not have a valid, picture I.D., you must bring either a) one credible witness known to the notary and the signer (who has picture I.D.) or b) two credible witnesses unknown to the notary and known to the signer (who have picture I.D.).

3) The document must be completely filled out with no blanks other than the signature line (this will be signed in the presence of the notary). The signer must understand the document that he/she is signing.

4) The notary is unable to prepare or complete documents or give advice as to the legality or correctness of a document. The Notary never chooses the type of certificate (acknowledgment or jurat) a document needs. The signer must let the notary know which certificate is required.

5) Notaries are unable to notarize wills or birth certificates.

Where do I get a passport?

The City of Roseville Passport Acceptance Facility is located in the City Clerk Department in the Roseville Civic Center, 311 Vernon Street.

Passports are processed on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Closed on Mondays and all legal holidays observed by the City.

For information on applying for a U.S. passport at the City of Roseville Passport Acceptance Facility click here. 

Where do I obtain a copy of a birth/death/marriage certificates?
Vital records are generally held by the county where the event took place.  Please see the links below to assist you with your search for these types of documents in Placer and Sacramento County.

Placer County:
Birth & Death Certificates
Marriage Certificate

Sacramento County:
Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificate 

If you do not know the county where the event occurred visit the State of California Office of Vital Records.

Who are my representatives?

Information on national, state and local representatives can be found on the City Clerk's Department representatives page

Show all Categories


Homepage | Residents | Business | Visiting | Departments | e-Services | Apply | Find | Report | Sign Up
City of Roseville 311 Vernon St., Roseville, CA 95678. Phone: 916-774-5200.
Powered by Civica Software