City Clerk

How and where do I register to vote?
In order to participate in your local electoral process, you must be a registered voter in the City of Roseville. 

Voter registration forms can be obtained at the City Clerk Department at 311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95747, or by calling the City Clerk Department to have a form mailed to you.

For your convenience, you can register to vote online at

Additionally, you may contact the Placer County Elections office at (530) 886-5650.  To read more information, you may also go to the Placer County website at

How do I apply for a Board/Commission/Committee vacancy?
City boards and commissions have been established by the City Council to study various issues that affect Roseville residents.  Appointees must reside in Roseville and be at least 18 years of age. Most members are appointed to four-year terms by the City Council. Board and Commission members receive no compensation for their time, although they may attend training workshops or seminars at City expense. Board and Commission meetings are held in the City Council Chambers located at 311 Vernon Street, unless another location has been designated. Meetings dates and times may be confirmed by calling the Board or Commission Secretary.

Applications are accepted throughout the year, during bi-annual recruitments, and during unscheduled vacancies. To apply for a Board or Commission print the application below (the application IS NOT an interactive form) and submit it to the following address:

City of Roseville
City Clerk Department
311 Vernon Street
Roseville, CA 95678

Download and submit the
Application for Council Appointed Members to Boards/Commissions/Committees

NOTE: Per the State of California Fair Political Practices Commission, you must file a Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700) if you are applying for the City Council, Design Committee, Planning Commission, Public Utilities Commission, Roseville Grants Advisory Commission, or the Transportation Commission. The Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700) can be accessed directly by clicking the following link or by visiting the Fair Political Practices Commission website at  Applications will be considered incomplete without a completed Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700).
How do I get a copy of a city document?
Fill out the Information - Records Request form.
How do I get a passport?
For the latest Passport information, view the Passports webpage.

I need a copy of a birth, death, and marriage certificates/divorce decrees.
Vital records (birth, death, and marriage certificates) are generally held by the county where the event took place.  Please see the links below to assist you with your search for these types of documents.

Placer County:
Birth & Death Certificates
Marriage Certificate

Sacramento County:
Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificate 

If you do not know the county where the event occurred visit the State of California Office of Vital Records.

Certified copies of actual divorce decrees are only available from the Superio Court in the county where the divorce was filed.  The State Office of Vital Records can issue a Certificate of Record - and only for divorces that occurred between 1962 - and June 1984.  A Certificate of Records includes the names of the parties to the divorce, the county where the divorce was filed, and the court case number.  A Certificate of Record is not a certified copy and does not indicate if the divorce was finalized.  Visit the State of California Vital Statistics Web Page for additional information on divorce records.
Is soliciting allowed in the City of Roseville?
Soliciting is allowed, however, there are restrictions.  People are required to have a City of Roseville business license, and to register with the police department before conducting door-to-door soliciting. 

If you don't want solicitors at your property, you can display a "no soliciting" sign.  Solicitors are required to respect this sign and refrain from knocking on your door.

Religious and charitable groups are exempt from the requirement to register with the police department, but are required to respect the "no soliciting" sign.

People can still leave flyers or advertisements on your property, whether or not you have a sign posted.  Higher courts have ruled that the leaving of flyers or leaflets is commercial free speech protected under the constitution, so cities and other government entities can't make laws prohibiting such activity.

View the Municipal Code ordinance on soliciting.
What is a passport card, and how do I get it?
Passport cards are also available.  They require the same processing as a passport, but are only valid for travel by land and sea.  They cannot be used to fly at all.  The cost for a passport card is $30.00 for an adult and $15.00 for a child.  There is a separate $25.00 processing fee to the City of Roseville. The application and processing times are the same as for a regular passport.  You can also expedite a passport card for an additional fee. 
When are the next elections?
First Tuesday in November, 2014 - November 4, 2014
Where can I look at the City Council Agenda/Packet?
You may view a copy of the current City Council agenda and all staff reports at:

  • Martha Riley Community Library at 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd. in Roseville
  • Roseville Main Library located at 225 Taylor Street in Roseville
  • Maidu Branch Library located at 1530 Maidu Drive in Roseville

or you may click on City Council Agenda/Packet to view the PDF version.

Where can I have a document notarized?

The Roseville City Clerk Department offers notary services during business hours.

Business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Cost: $10.00 per signature notarized

Notarization Requirements:

1) The signer must personally appear.

2) A valid, picture I.D. is required. Picture I.D. can consist of a driver's license, a state non-driver's ID, or a current passport. If you do not have a valid, picture I.D., you must bring either a) one credible witness known to the notary and the signer (who has picture I.D.) or b) two credible witnesses unknown to the notary and known to the signer (who have picture I.D.).

3) The document must be completely filled out with no blanks other than the signature line (this will be signed in the presence of the notary). The signer must understand the document that he/she is signing.

4) The notary is unable to prepare or complete documents or give advice as to the legality or correctness of a document. The Notary never chooses the type of certificate (acknowledgment or jurat) a document needs. The signer must let the notary know which certificate is required.

5) Notaries are unable to notarize wills or birth certificates.

Where do I get a passport?

The City of Roseville Passport Acceptance Facility is located in the City Clerk Department at the Roseville Civic Center, 311 Vernon Street.

Passports are processed on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Closed on Mondays and all legal holidays observed by the City.

To obtain a passport you must appear in person and bring the following documents with you:

  • Proof of Citizenship - A certified copy of your U.S. birth certificate, original naturalization certificate, or a previous U.S. passport. - Note: If your birth certificate says "Birth Registration", "Abstract", or "Hospital Certificate" it is not acceptable. A certified copy of your birth certificate can be obtained from the State or County office of your place of birth. This will have a raised, embossed, or colored seal on it. A photocopy of the birth certificate or naturalization certificate is not acceptable. Your proof of citizenship will be returned to you by the Department of State.
  • Photo Identification - Driver's license, State ID or Military ID - Note: An expired license or interim driver's license is not acceptable.
  • Passport Photo - 2" x 2" - Passport photos can be obtained from the Roseville City Clerk's Department - $8.00. Can be cash, check, or credit card.

Applicant's Social Security number must be provided on the application. The IRS can impose a penalty if this information is not provided.

Aged 16-17 years
- One parent is required by law to appear in person with the applicant and to countersign the application.

Aged 15 years and under - Both parents are required to accompany the child and to countersign the application. If one parent is unable to accompany the child, a notarized affidavit (Form DS-3053) and a photocopy of the front and back of the non-appearing parent's identification if required. If one parent has sole custody, the original court document is required. If one parent has sole custody, the original court document showing full legal custody must be submitted. If one is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificates must be submitted. A certified copy of the birth certificate must be submitted for all minors aged 15 years and under even if they have a previous U.S. passport.

Processing fee: Separate fee of $25.00 per application to the City of Roseville. Can be cash, check, or credit card.

Passport fee: CHECK or MONEY ORDER ONLY made payable to the U.S. Department of State:

Aged 16 years and older:
Passport book (land, sea, and air travel) - $110.00
Passport card (land and sea travel) -          $  30.00

Aged 15 years and under:
Passport book (land, sea, and air travel) - $80.00
Passport card (land and sea travel) -          $15.00

Standard processing time - 4 to 6 weeks

Expedite Processing Time - To receive your passport in two (2) to three (3) weeks, an expedite fee of $60.00 plus a postage fee of $14.85 must be included in your check to the U.S. Department of State, making it a total of $184.85 per adult expedited application and $154.85 per child expedited application to the U.S. Department of State.  Overnight Postage fee of $19.99 must also be added to the City's processing fee of $25.00 making it $44.99 per application to the City of Roseville.

For those with proof of travel within two weeks (itinerary or tickets purchased), an application should be submitted in person at the San Francisco Passport Agency located at 95 Hawthorne Street in San Francisco. Processing your request in San Francisco requires an appointment by calling 1-877-487-2778. You must also present your itinerary or tickets for proof of travel within two weeks.
For additional information or on-line application forms access:

For more questions, contact the City Clerk office at (916) 774-5263.

Who are my representatives?

This information can be found on our representatives page

Show all Categories