|Roseville Police Department||1051 Junction Blvd.|
Roseville, CA 95678
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||PRESS RELEASE #05-48|
|Subject :||Roseville Police Department Swearing-in and Promotion Ceremony Scheduled|
|Contact :||Dee Dee Gunther (916)774-5015|
|At 2 p.m. on Wednesday, July 27, the Roseville Police Department will celebrate three promotions and 11 recently hired employees, including nine new police officers. The department's quarterly ceremony of promotion and swearing in of new employees will be held at the Tower Theater, 417 Vernon St. The public is invited to attend.
The Roseville City Council has added 21 new police officer positions and eight professional staff positions to the force since July 2003. As of July 2005, the Roseville Police Department is authorized for 124 sworn officer positions and 73 professional staff positions. The Council has made public safety its top priority, adding staff to keep pace with growth and to maintain Roseville's high quality of life.
The department will celebrate three recent promotions on Wednesday:
- Michael Allison has been promoted to Police Lieutenant. Allison joined the Roseville Police Deparatment in 1985, and has served as traffic unit supervisor, weaponless defense instructor, investigator, SWAT officer and crime scene investigator.
- Darin DeFreece has been promoted to Police Sergeant. DeFreece joined the Roseville Police Department in 2000, and has served as a field training officer and cadet supervisor.
- Michael Pendergraft has been promoted to Police Sergeant. Pendergraft joined the Roseville Police Department in 1990, and has served as a youth services officer, street crimes officer, weaponless defense instructor, field traiing officer and traffic officer.
The following recently hired employees will take the oath of office on Wednesday:
- Police Officer Gary Smith joined the RPD in April. Before coming to Roseville, Smith worked for the Morgan Hill Police Department.
- Community Service Officer Brian Wrenn was hired in May. Wrenn was a long-time volunteer for the police department before becoming an employee.
- Police Officer Scott Miszkewycz joined the RPD in May. Before that he worked as a police officer for the Scotts Valley Police Department.
- Police Cadet Daniel Stokes joined the RPD in May. Stokes is also a student at Sierra College.
- Police Officer Rodney Reno joined the RPD in June. He came from the Morgan Hills Police Department, where he was a special operations supervisor.
- Police Officer Chris Uribe graduated from the Sacramento Police Academy in June.
- Police Officer Ryan Bal graduated from the Sacramento Police Academy in June. Before being selected for the academy, Bal worked for the RPD as a Police Cadet.
- Police Officer Darren Kato graduated from the Sacramento Police Academy in June.
- Police Officer Philip Mancini joined the RPD in July. Before joining the RPD, Mancini worked for the training unit of the San Jose Police Department.
- Police Officer Connie Schmidt joined the RPD in July. She comes to Roseville from the Placer County Sheriff's Department.
- Police Officer Lloyd Lackl, a recent police academy graduate, joined the RPD in July.